vendredi 11 décembre 2009

Mardi Gras in December

Just as yesterday, you see I wasn't lying when I said I was in a chocolate/New Orleans mood. So here we are, another piece I'm really happy with.



It's been a while since I started to think about this picture. I wanted to draw an old jazz man -could have been a blues man with an harmonica but the big golden saxophone was more appealing ^^- and a young black vampire. And here they are. For the oldie I was inspired by some gorgeous black and white portraits of black musicians you can find everywhere on internet -and in my dad's books, I remember being smitten by a man with dark eyes... one of the most powerful photos ever-. It's pretty cool to have a really old character for once and I enjoyed it so you might see some more in the next weeks. Uh, did I say the saxo was more appealing ? HA ! Next time I'll draw an harmonica, silly me ! It'll be easier !
As for mister vampire I went for huge fangs and he chose his haircut himself. Why blond ? Just to make a good contrast and... come on, black guy + blond hair (+ optional fangs) = SEX, or do I need to take some math lessons ? The dude isn't wearing anything, though perhaps he's got something around his knees where we can't see it. You obviously noticed the colored strings of pearls. They are given to girls who accept to flash their boobs during New Orleans Mardi Gras -a thing I find very interesting, if I ever had a chance to be there I would end with a bunch of necklaces ! ^^-. I let you imagine what mister vampire did to get those !

What's the most ironical is that New Orleans is, in foreigner's, and even American's minds, considered as a highly erotic city. While the original town of Orleans in France is known because it's the birthplace of Jeanne d'Arc, a very famous virgin.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire