samedi 25 juin 2011

Do you read me ?

"Captain ? Captain, do you read me ?"

The story behind this illustration is quite... "funny" in a pretty ironic way. Earlier this month I went to a festival and met an editor to show her my illustrations. At first I was supposed to try to see three different people, so I wanted to make a general portfolio that could suit every kind of stories. But eventually I only got the opportunity to meet one so I decided to prepare my portfolio especially for her... silly me ! The woman only had published sci-fi books for the moment and I didn't have a single sci-fi illustration. I felt sooo bad ! (Anyways, it wasn't really a problem since she said she wanted to launch a new heroic fantasy series but at first I was awkward.)

So I thought, coming back home, that I needed to be more organized and have a bit of sci-fi in my portfolio. But y'know it's always tricky... it's not that easy to think "draw something science-fiction" and to do it ! Eventually this dude appeared all by himself...


Drew the Enterprise behind him and Stitch's tiny red spaceship. Just for fun...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire